General English courses aim to improve and develop oral and written comprehension, reading and writing in a more effective way simulating situations of daily life.
There are 6 different levels:
– Beginners: designed for people who have never studied English or who have very little knowledge of the language.
– Elementary: corresponds to basic users with the language capable of communicating in everyday situations with frequently used expressions and using elementary vocabulary.
– Pre-intermediate: aimed to people who are able to understand frequently used phrases and expressions related to everyday areas of experience (basic information about yourself and your family, shopping, places of interest, occupations, etc.)
– Intermediate: aimed to people who are able to understand the main points of clear texts and has an standard language knowledge within everyday issues and know how to handle most of the situations.
– Upper intermediate: corresponds to people who have the necessary fluency to communicate effortlessly with native speakers.
– Advanced: corresponds to users with high command of the language.
This course is designed to help students improve the 4 areas of the IELTS test (Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening) and gain general knowledge.
There are 2 modes:
FULL- TIME: from 9 am to 2:45 pm or afternoons from 4:30 pm to 8:30 pm
PART- TIME: from mornings from 11.15 a.m. to 1.15 p.m. or afternoons from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
This course is suitable for students who do not have much time to attend classes and want to focus on specific competences to pass the IELTS exam.
Students must have at least a 4.5 or equivalent to enrol in an 8-week course or a 5.00 for the 4-week course.
– CAMBRIDGE EXAM PREPARATION:
This course is aimed to those who want to obtain the certificate of the FCE (First Certificate in English) or CAE (Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) It is structured to improve the skills required in the modules of the Cambridge exam.